Okay. So I committed the cardinal sin of having my camera without any spare batteries, and this last Saturday when I went to take a picture of my students while we were at a convention in downtown Phoenix, the camera was completely dead. So no pictures.
Over half of last week consisted of commuting half an hour each morning and evening on the light rail from Tempe into downtown. It was pretty slick and got us to the annual national journalism convention with ease and relatively little delay.
All told, I've been to about 10 different of these conventions in the course of my career and even once as a student way back in 1993. Much about them is the same in terms of structure and ideas, but much is changing too. The world of journalism is becoming so much more about convergence and digital means, and high schools are trying to prepare kids for those needs which is exciting.
I had nine kids attend with me, and I think they had a good time. Of course, I am sure there are things that happened that I will never know about...
2 comments:
I remember going to one of those conventions myself, and it happened to be in downtown Phoenix. And yes, there was a lot that happened that Mrs. E didn't know about. ;-)
Not only is the post without a picture, but it was posted a few days late ;) Don't worry, I forgive you. I'm glad you got to attend yet another journalism conference :)
Post a Comment