I am way slow blogging this week. My weekend was an absolute blur of soccer games and school dance prep work and chaperoning. You see, every February, the yearbook and newspaper staffs team up to sponsor a school dance as a fundraiser for us. I was never big into dances in high school, and frankly, CMR dances (other than Prom) didn't involve a whole lot in the way of decorations and set up—at least not that I could tell.
But here at McClintock, there are some pretty big expectations. So for the last three years, every January becomes a crazy time of planning and preparing and cajoling the kids into getting this dance ready. By the end, we're tired, and Trish (the yearbook adviser) and I look at each other and say, "Should we do this next year? Is it worth it?"
So last Saturday we decorated from 9 AM- 2 PM, and then showed up again at 7:00 PM that night for chaperoning and dance duties. The theme was Under the Sea, and the decorations came out pretty cute, thanks to the art skills of some students, a whole lot of glitter and spray glue, and Party City. And the kids at the dance seemed to have a good time with very few complaints.
My husband was a trooper and chaperoned with me. He also helped a lot with the clean-up when it was over. We finally left the school a little after midnight. Good thing we don't have church until 11:00 AM!
No comments:
Post a Comment