Saturday, October 18, 2008

Temple flower planting


This morning, the 14-18 year olds in my church's stake got to go to the Mesa Temple to do their fall planting of flowers. The temple gardens are no small task to take care of and are far more technical in their care and design than I ever would have imagined, but when you are trying to replicate the mastery of the Creator, what more can one expect?

I worked in two separate areas planting flowers and bulbs. Here are the end results:



Overall, there were more than 250 of us helping, so all of the planting that needed to be done was planted and mulched in about an hour. When we first got there and saw how much needed to be done, it seemed like a tremendous amount, but so many people can get a lot of work done in a relatively short amount of time. Plus, it was a beautiful place to be.

If you should happen to visit before April, I can take you and show you my handiwork. :)

As an added bonus, I stopped by the temple visitor's center and chatted with Hermana Brittany Smith from Great Falls. She's serving her LDS mission there until fall of 2009. Please ignore how sweaty and dirty I am. I'll have to return with a treat and much cleaner appearance the next time! :)

3 comments:

Lott said...

I'm glad they didn't make you plant cacti. Sounds like you had a lovely day and I love your little ipod.

Hillary said...

I am so jealous you got to see my sister! Next time you see her, give her a big hug for me. :) I'm glad you took a picture. She looks so good!

Pa & Ma Smyff said...

Emily!! WOW that sure looks like our Hermana Smith!!! Lucky you to get the chance to see her actually serving on her mission. She LOVES it there and the Lord continues to bless her with wonderful experiences! Next time you see her give her a squeeze from us - WOW a really long distance HUG (England to Arizona)! Thanks for posting this photo- you both look great! Sweat and all!!!