But I will have you know that come July 23, my masters program process will be complete and I will have proudly graduated from Middlebury College. But don't ask me what their mascot is because frankly, I don't know. How embarassing! Perhaps I will task myself with finding that out. Frankly, Middlebury isn't much known for its sporting, so that could be why.
But I am also in school right now which would hopefully explain some of my silence. I am taking an adolescent lit course at ASU. So I am playing Sun Devil I suppose. I'm currently reading Walk Two Moons and thoroughly enjoying the humor and voice. It's pretty quick to get through, so I recommend it. But this school-on-top-of-school thing isn't easy. I'm nearly to the mid-term, and I am glad to think that I am getting nearer to being over the hump. Not that the coursework is grueling, it's just that it's one more thing. But it's all for a good cause in helping me graduate this summer. Woo-hoo!
But Enoch is also gearing up and into school mode. I am so inspired and heartened to see him working so hard on his grad school application. His plan, provided he is accepted, is to start on his Masters in Information Systems Management at ASU this summer. It would be about a 15 month program, so he'll graduate in 09. I know it will require lots of time and energy of him, but it will be hopefully well worth it in the end. And to me this is especially impressive when I consider that he is the only in his family of 13 to even graduate with his bachelor's degree. What a guy!
We'll have to do something to celebrate this weekend when his application is in and done as of Thursday night. Maybe we'll go check out an ASU basketball game. After all, we must be true to our school. Go Devils!

(By the way, I never would have imagined myself cheering on devils of this sort. I have always been and will continue to be the biggest of Blue Devils fans. March madness, anyone???? I am salivating already....it could be a big run for Duke even if they have hit a bit of a skid of late.)
4 comments:
I FEEL like I'm in school... only it's Elementary!!! :)
That totally counts too! School of any sort is school!
I was wondering when you were going to start discussing March Madness! I don't think I'd ever heard of it until you.
what the heck? How did the Duke thing come into existance?
Post a Comment