Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bad days and incredible fiances

So Monday was a bad day. My newspaper students continued to have problems getting our latest issue of the paper finished for reasons that really didn't make a lot of sense to me. Then my principal wanted to meet with me about how she didn't think the paper should go to press because she wanted a story about our AIMS scores in the paper. Have a I ever mentioned anything about my principal? I may need to save that for another post. She is crazy. I am so appreciative of Dick Kloppel and the kind of principal he was. She makes me think very fondly of my time in Great Falls.

Anyway... I digress... After so much discouragement and frustration, I came home to Enoch making me dinner and letting me talk. I had sent him a few terse emails throughout the day, so he knew I was not in the best of places. But he let me vent. He cooked me dinner. He loved me anyway. And he was on my side. He could have said I was overreacting or tried to tell me my principal had a point, but he didn't. He just listened and let me talk it out. He didn't even try to offer solutions which men can be prone to do.

Enoch really is the best, and I am more and more grateful every day that I found him at this time in my life. I can't wait for December 28!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hum... Curtis has this theory about the degrees of difficulty in marrying a teacher ;) Who knew, teachers could be difficult?

I sure didn't ;)

Tell E, if he ever needs some sympathy, you have our number... tee hee.

Emily N. said...

I'll be sure to let him know. I think that he had no idea the difficulties although I could envision it because I know when I have those days and they aren't pretty...