I have to admit, this day was all about the food. As I get older, it's not so much about festivities. In some ways, I could do with not celebrating much at all. I am getting closer and closer to 40, and it seems weird to me. I have distinct memories of my mom at my age, and it seems surreal sometimes. How did I manage to grow up and be the grown up?
I did start the day with a run. I am in training for a 10k, Saturday mornings are a perfect time for me to go while Enoch can stay with the kids. I did 4.75 miles just for the record. I am inching closer and it is seeming more realistic that I will actually be able to run a 10k.
Then Enoch made me a gorgonzola cheese scrambler for my birthday. It was pretty to look at and delicious!
Then we hung out for the morning and went to Joe's Farm Grill for my birthday lunch with the kids. I had a delicious burger, sweet potato fries, and there was plenty of food for everyone. I like Joe's because they have great outdoor seating, and it was a lovely day.
We dropped our kids off that evening with our date night swap, and we went to see the movie Gravity, and then to eat at Liberty Market and Joe's BBQ for dinner and dessert. I am telling you, this birthday was all about the food! It was nice to be without kids for the evening. We could talk to each other, eat at a leisurely pace, and enjoy. I am blessed.
Enoch made my official birthday dessert on Sunday. I requested cherry cheese pie, which I haven't had in a long time, but is a dessert I remember well from my childhood. Enoch did great making it, and he liked it, too.
I was able to do lunch with some friends a couple weeks later, and so the birthday month was complete. One more down, hopefully many more to go!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday! Weren't we just at BYU?!!!
Post a Comment