Saturday, July 20, 2013

Knock, knock

Asher has taken to telling a few knock, knock jokes lately. He cracks himself up and thinks he is the funniest guy around. We love to laugh with him--even if he doesn't get the jokes quite right.

Example:

Asher: Knock, knock
Me: Who's there?
Asher: Orange
Me: Orange who?
Asher: Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

So what if he never did the banana part? The joke is still super funny. :)

He is becoming more and more expressive of his thoughts and ideas and he is super obsessed with Angry Birds Star Wars these days. He loves to tell me about birds and pigs and planets and asteroids.

He also is not shy about telling me when I have hurt his feelings. I tell him I am sorry and that usually helps to calm him pretty quickly, but sometimes I also have to remind him about why I didn't let him do what he wanted--which tends to be the cause of the hurt feelings.

But he has also become much freer about telling me he loves me. Melts my little heart, and he is always asking for hugs. I can never have too many of those. I hope he will always like hugs.

I can hardly believe he will be turning 4 in just a few short weeks. We looked at angry birds themed cakes online today for inspiration. He was in heaven.

No comments: