We had a pretty fun Valentine's Day around here. This was my first year to have to really make Valentine's since Asher does have a little preschool class and they did have a party. I didn't get a picture, but I basically made up a little heart and attached some crayons with the saying "Happy Valentine's Day for 'crayon' out loud!" It was cute, not too time consuming, and I had all the necessary supplies on hand, so I didn't have to spend any more moolah. Asher came home with a bag of valentines as you can see above. They were encouraged not to bring treats, so no sweets, but that was absolutely fine with me.
I made my family heart shaped cookies which I hope to do as a continued tradition. My mom always made us large oversized heart shaped sugar cookies for valentines with our names on them, and I always liked and have distinct memories of it. I need to make some investment in cake decorating supplies so I can do a better job in the future. Or I could always just buy practically the same thing at Paradise Bakery. hee hee.
I also made up a batch of candy coated pretzels that I also drizzled with red Wilton candy melts for a nice visual effect. Quite easy and quite delicious. :)
Enoch really outdid himself for Valentines Day this year. A much better effort than he has given in the past and all while being quite sick with a horrible cold that we have all endured of late. He got me a bag of goodies--socks, chocolates--and the best part, a new set of cookware! I like it, I'm so blessed to have such a great Valentine, and I appreciated his efforts this year.
Hope you all had a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment