She is one growing and busy girl. She also seems to have a runny nose most of the time. I really like winter in AZ for multiple reasons, but the constant colds of my sick kids is not one reason I like winter. But at least Julia is a good sport about letting me wipe her nose with a tissue.
Julia loves to be doing whatever her brother is doing. Sometimes that creates some fights between them. I know. I can't believe my kids fight. They are too young for this, aren't they? ;) It usually involves one of them having something that the other wants. And believe me, Julia can be just as much of an instigator as Asher. She holds her ground and will definitely fight for what she wants, so I have become referee extraordinaire, and I am learning to buy two of things to avert conflict where it is possible.
You might also notice in the picture, that there seems to be a little bit of chocolate in Julia's hand on that tray. You would be right. This girl is an absolute chocoholic. Heaven help me because she seems to be able to smell out chocolate from a mile away, and she's not even two! With the holidays, it was even worse. I'm working on weaning her and will try to teach healthy eating as she grows. I need to work on my own example with that one.
Julia doesn't talk much yet. She has maybe 10 words that I have heard her say. Her most consistent one right now is "owie," which she uses as a complaint for various things--usually when she is hurting in some way. She still jabbers a lot, and she does a lot of shaking and nodding of the head along with pointing to indicate what she wants. She understands a lot of what we say, and I know that the words will come, so I just enjoy her little personality do lots of naming of things.
She loves music and bops along to it readily. She doesn't like strangers much at all. She doesn't like being dropped off in babysitting co-op although she does quiet down pretty quickly once distracted. She's also taking slowly but surely to nursery at church. It can be a pretty crazy place in there with lots of kids, and the chaos is probably overwhelming to her, but she'll get there.
We just love her and all she brings to our family. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment