We spent the weekend in Yuma with Enoch's sister Sherry and her family. Her oldest daughter, Tori, just graduated from the University of Arizona and is off to Pittsburgh, PA, to begin working for Macy's Department Store in their managerial track. It sounds like a world away, but she seems excited, and I think it's great that she has a job as she finishes college.
We got there early Saturday afternoon, had a quick lunch, and headed out
to West Wetlands Park. It was fantastic! I don't think I've ever seen
such a nice set of equipment at a city park before. And in Yuma? Who
would have thought? See what I mean?
The kids had fun, but because it was 105+ degrees, we only lasted about a half hour. We'll have to go back in the winter sometime.
Because we were so hot, we headed to the swimming pool next. Asher loved the water, and Julia hung out with me on the side. She went in with Enoch for a bit, but she didn't like it much. I think she was tired. That's one thing about traveling with babies. There is never enough sleep to be had, so they are never their best selves.
We had Cafe Rio salads for dinner and headed to bed. It wasn't a great night for our family since we were all in the same room, but I try to forget about that and not let it frighten me about our big Utah/Montana trip coming up in a month and a half.
Then it was waffles for breakfast and church with the family. Their house was a busy place with Tori's moving preparations. She and her dad were leaving to drive cross country that night at midnight. They were going to drive straight through to Oklahoma City and stay in a motel on Monday night, then on to Indianapolis on Tuesday night, and then they would reach Pittsburgh on Wednesday. What an adventure. Tori and her dad have always been close, so I am sure they will make the best of it.
I was bad and didn't get photos, but we had a good time and appreciated the hospitality. Sherry is always so giving and open with her home, time, and talents. Thanks for having us!

No comments:
Post a Comment