About two months ago, they had a deal for the Dolly Steamboat on Canyon Lake. It looked interesting and fun, so I talked Enoch into the deal. We could basically go the two of us for the price of one, and Asher would be free. I had to wait to redeem it until it was cooler, and I'm glad I did because last weekend was perfect. Saturday was one of those days that makes me love living in AZ. Sunny, 85 degrees, great sunlight hitting the cliffs.
The lake is about a 45 minute drive from here. We boarded, and aren't my two sailor men super cute?
We stayed inside the cabin because then we didn't have to deal with keeping Asher in the lifejacket, and many of the best seats outside were already taken since we were among the last to board. But the views were still good. Unfortunately my little camera can't really capture the beauty, but here are a few shots.
One of the big things they tout on this tour is sightings of big horn sheep. And sure enough, we saw six or seven. We wished we had had some binoculars so we could have seen them a lot better. In fact, there are three or four in the following picture. Can you find them? ;)
If you are ever in AZ and looking for something fun to do, I would go again. I suggest Oct., Nov., March and April for best weather conditions. It was lovely!
No comments:
Post a Comment