First, I met my friend Sarah and her sister for lunch at Chick-fil-a with the kids. Asher doesn't play in the playground yet, but he loves to play in the those restaurant high chairs where he can swing his feet all around and be generally crazy. I wish I had my camera to take a picture of him.
Then I was delivering some cookies to my sweet visiting teacher and friend Cara who started talking with me about all of the deals I could get for my birthday if we went out to a few places. I already had my Coldstone coupon and a coupon for a free burger at Red Robin, but she said to save those since they could be used at other times and go to places that give you the stuff only on your birthday. By the end of her spiel she had me convinced that I needed to do dinner one place, dessert another place, and then head over to Krispy Kreme to get my free dozen doughnuts. What on earth would I do with all of this food! Eat like a glutton I suppose and work out and do better with my diet tomorrow. ;) Cara even offered to babysit Asher while we went. What a true friend!
So first Enoch and I went to Joe's Real BBQ where you get a $10 towards your meal purchase. And since my total was $9.77, my meal was FREE. :) Enoch bought his meal for around $10, so we did leave some money there. We had recently discovered how much we like Joe's so it was not hard for us to decide to go there. They even have red cream soda and homemade root beer on tap, and their BBQ offerings are quite good.
Then we headed to Liberty Market across the street. This place is owned by the same people as the BBQ, but has an entirely different concept of pizza and pasta. We decided to spend my free $10 there on red velvet cake and bread pudding. It was good, but we were stuffed.

I wouldn't have done the Krispy Kreme, but Cara insisted when we went back to pick up Asher. How could you give up the free food when it's so close? she reasoned. So there we were at 8:30 at night going through the drive through, with a free dozen pink (for breast cancer awareness)and WARM doughnuts in hand as we headed home. Enoch took most of them to work today, but hey, we got our money's worth!
And yes, there is still Red Robin and Coldstone to be had... ;)
Thanks to all those who made my birthday this year such a great one. I'd definitely be willing to turn 29 again...
No comments:
Post a Comment