As sisters, we decided we'd throw our sister Jessica a fun family baby shower a few months ago. After much deliberation, we decided that Aug. 7 would be the day! I had always thought that I would go for four or five days around the weekend rather than making a big trip of it, so when my sister Jill realized that she could only go from Friday to Tuesday because of her fitness instructor teaching schedule, we decided to ride together--us and the three kids. I felt a certain amount of trepidation about such a long trip with Asher since Las Vegas was mildly difficult and only half as far. But I am happy to report that he did quite well. I think it helped him to have Charlotte and Elaine there as entertainment. And those two girls were troopers too. They only asked how soon we would be there about 50 times during the trip. Watching their Aurora movie and singing "Keys to the Kingdom" along with the movie helped occupy some of their attention.

Here is the girl of honor with all of her loot. The family was generous, and it was so fun to see some of the aunts and cousins that I don't get to see much of these days. Jessica is feeling pretty well set, and she and Matt have made some cute preparations to their apartment as they anticipate his arrival near the end of September. :)

Then on Sunday after church, we stopped by Temple Square really quick before going to Kim's to celebrate birthdays. I was really wanting to see the Salt Lake Temple exhibit where they have a model of the temple in miniature where you can see how all of the rooms are situated inside. I thought it was pretty cool.
Then off to Kim's where we had chicken, squash bread, salad, and yummy chocolate celebration cake for dessert. We also checked out Kim's garden which is growing like gang busters.


Here is Asher with his little birthday loot--a car, an alligator, and the book Snuggle Puppy. Thanks for the gifts, Aunts!

And of course we have to get the sisters picture whenever we are together--so here's five of the six of us.
It was a good trip--short and sweet, but I was glad to be home, and Enoch certainly missed us. Coming back to the heat, on the other hand...I was not missing that so much. How many more months of summer?
No comments:
Post a Comment