Sunday, January 18, 2009

52 Saturdays #2: The Glamourous Life of an English Teacher


I sit on my deck on a Saturday afternoon in mid-January in my comfy camp chair and grade papers and begin my annual preparations for teaching The Scarlet Letter. Scintillating, I know. At least it's in the mid-70's these days by early afternoon, so it sure is pleasant. Don't you all wish you could have an occasional AZ winter day come for a visit when it can be so frigid outside?

But just so you don't think my whole day was this way, I will say that I also went to dinner last night with Enoch and a couple of my old college friends at Red, White, and Brew. Then off to see their new home and newly adopted baby, Julianna. I neglected to take my camera, though, so it didn't get to be my shot of the day. But you can see some shots of her at her dad Eric's blog which I linked to above.

4 comments:

Cire said...

we were honored to be part of your saturday - and now to be a part of your blog . . . wow!

Anonymous said...

tee hee... sounds like a fun day! i wore out one of those chairs in colorado springs ;) teaching online has a whole different type of reading... usually with the screen, not outside.

more soon, j

Susan said...

Enjoying your balcony and the nice weather sounds like a perfect thing to do on a Saturday. We had fun going out with you guys - good food, good company :) Next time you guys visit our house, I promise it will be less chaotic - LOL!

Betsy Fox said...

EMILY!!!! I found your blog! It shouldn't have taken me so long, but I was SO HAPPY to be get you wedding announcement last year. I meant to send you a Christmas card this year, but I didn't have you address. True, if I had looked a bit harder I probably could have found it. Sorry. I would love to keep in touch with you. I also have a blog---abfoxden.blogspot.com
Come visit me there!