Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Welcome home, Trevor!

Enoch and I went out to Hyder again this last weekend to attend his brother Trevor's welcome and home and speaking in church after returning from his two year mission to Culiacan Mexico.

I had met Trevor briefly on the day he flew in from Mexico. It has to be such an awkward place to be wearing your shirt and tie and your name tag and then seeing your family for the first time in two years. Two of Trevor's brothers had gotten married in his absence, and so the world was somewhat different.

But Trevor is adapting and forging ahead. He has quite the talent and interest in technology and film-making. He had gone to Eastern Arizona College before his mission, but their program is not really what he wants, so he is looking into other options. He also really likes graphic design kind of stuff, so hopefully he'll find the right kind of thing to suit him.

This was also the first time I had ever attended the little LDS branch of the church out there. It really was tiny! But they have a great time together, and everyone does multiple callings and jobs to keep the branch running. The increased attendance of Norton family members probably doubled the congregation that day.

I didn't get any pictures, but wanted to record the memory anyway. Someday, perhaps, Trevor's photo will make its way to the blog.

No comments: