We started the day Thursday by participating in the Mesa Mi Amigo's Turkey Trot. Enoch and I along with my sisters Megan and Jessica, brothers in law Rob, Mark, and Matt, and the two nieces Elaine and Charlotte did the two mile event. Enoch and I finished in about 19 minutes, while the others came in behind that. My brother Mark and sister Jill ran the 10K event in about 60 minutes. Everyone had a good time—even if it was a rather wet and cool morning. There were thousands of people there. This annual event has been going for 39 years, so it definitely has a loyal following of people who do it about every year. Perhaps it will become a family tradition for us as well.Then we spent Thanksgiving dinner and evening at Jill's house. We ate, chatted, played some Great Dalmuti, and played with the kids. Elaine is especially verbal these days and will talk anybody's ear off. She loves to give people surprises and help out with her little sister.
Then on Friday, Enoch and I hiked Camelback Mountain in Scottsdale with Rob and Matt. This is the second time I've hiked it and for the second time, I didn't manage to make it to the top. I don't know that I ever will, and that is fine with me. Stamina wise I was fine, but in terms of the heights and the virtual scaling of rocks that we were doing, I decided I just wasn't comfortable going the last little leg, but I still got in some gorgeous views. Yay for the other three for making it to the top! That is one busy trail, not for the faint of heart.

We topped off the weekend with my family in town with a visit to the lights at the Mesa Temple. They are lovely, and my brother noted how many LED lights they used. They may be more costly up front, but the saving over time make them worth it.
Thanks for visiting! Hope you all had a fun weekend too!
2 comments:
It sounds like you have a lovely Thanksgiving. I'm with you on the scaling of rock walls... a little too risky for me.
Only a few weeks until Christmas break!
Hee hee, your post reminded me of an ancient thanksgiving memory - we were staying at the Camelback hotel, dining in the fancy dining room. Picture 8 servers all bringing silved domed plates to the table, setting them down & uncovering them in unison. Anyway, following that magic act, we spent the rest of our dining experience watching a helicopter search and rescue by spotlight all over the face of the mountain. Tres Bizarre. - Jill H's cousin Anne
Post a Comment