I have discovered a recipe that Enoch absolutely loves. Maybe it's the cream cheese frosting. Maybe it is the mix of spicy and sweet. He can easily inhale several "muffins"—even when maybe he shouldn't. But he just can't help himself.
Yesterday I made these pumpkin muffins in celebration. Enoch is now officially halfway through his masters program in calendar time. The passage of time hadn't even occurred to him. He doesn't have time to think of such things, but I do. So he got some of his favorite muffins and some Martinelli's Sparkling Cider to commemorate the week.
Here's the recipe if you should want to try it....
Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream together:
3 c. sugar
2 c. pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. oil
4 eggs
2/3 c. water
Sift together and then add to wet mixture:
3 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Spoon into muffin tins and bake for approximately 15 min. at 350°.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Mix:
8 oz. cream cheese
1 lb. powder sugar
1/2 cube margarine
2 tsp. vanilla
Once cooled frost muffins and sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired.
4 comments:
Sounds more like a pumpkin cupcake than muffin to me. Is that some way of trying to fool people into thinking they are healthier? I love pumpkin everything and I'm sure they are delicious whatever you call them.
I need pictures! please? :) They sound very tasty.
Muffins, cupcakes, it's all semantics. Whatever. And Jess, perhaps I will make you some while you're here. Then you won't even need pictures. You can get the real thing! ;)
You are so domestic. As always I am way impressed!
Post a Comment