
Clouds on the morning of graduation send administrators into a panic. And we have to rehearse graduation both inside the auditorium and on the football field in case.
It is sunny here 95% of the time, and NO ONE at my school has any memory of ever doing graduation on a rainy day. But this morning it was threatening, and this afternoon it made good in its threats, and now I am pretty sure we'll be inside for this evening's festivities. Even if it's no longer raining, the bleachers and everything outside will be wet, and it's only in the 60 degree range right now. I remember last year feeling like I was burning up on the day of graduation, it was so warm, and I had to wear one of those lovely black robes on top of normal.
I love the rain, I love the smell, and frankly, this would be a completely normal thing IN MONTANA. It kind of made me laugh this morning. But I know that space wise, doing it outside would be so much better for all of the audience.
2 comments:
I have been SO enjoying this cool weather! I brought some Montana here, just for you! Isn't it crazy, though? It IS Montana weather, right down to how cool it was today. Good luck with the grades, and have a safe drive up to Montana... I'll give you a call on Tuesday, maybe. Not sure what all the family has planned... We leave for Hawley lake on Thursday for the rest of the weekend. TTYL Emily!
Okay, technically it's not quite Montana weather because it snowed here yesterday. Reid took a picture on his cell phone & titled it "Global Warming in Montana".
Post a Comment