So now that the number of pieces of advice on wedding planning seem be slowing down, the advice is turning more towards marriage.
Yesterday, we had a great little meeting with our stake president to get our recommends signed for our temple sealing, and he shared with us a few choice ideas for a stronger and better marriage. They are not rocket science, but worth a reminder from time to time.
1. Focus on the best in each other. To help us with this, he had us say what we loved about each other right there on the spot in his office. Then he asked us to go home and write down what we loved about each other. Enoch and I did this last night, and I had such a fun and reaffirming experience in the process. I would recommend it if you haven't done something like it in a while about your significant other.
2. Attend the temple regularly. I am hoping and working towards making this a priority throughout our married life. We already do this as an engaged couple. In fact, one of our favorite dates is a temple session and then a trip to In 'n Out Burger. We like our little tradition.
3. Pray together often. Being the big fan of prayer that I am, I look forward to these moments of quiet focus together. We can pray for each other, for others, for our needs. Sweet!
4 comments:
Emily,
I haven't gotten a chance to put my two cebts in because I'm all the heck over in nebraska, but here is another one that Tont and I loved in the early days of our marriage. We had a journal that we wrote each other notes back and forth and then hid it for the other to find. We still have it and it brings back such sweet memories. Got your announcement today!!
Missing you...
I should learn to proof-read...especially when commenting on an ENGLISH TEACHER'S BLOG! oops.
Thanks, Amber, for yet another fun idea. You and Tony certainly are great examples of marriage. :)
Glad you got the announcement!
and no worries on the typos....;)
Post a Comment