Suddenly I am only a little over a day from one of the biggest events of my life, and I can't help but think of you and wish you were here. The time has flown by, the plans are in place, the details are coming together--although I am sure I will find the imperfections that happen. But at this point I can't be phased by those things, and you would be one of the first to tell me that.
Sometimes, I wonder how things would be different if you were here. Would you have wedding dress shopped with me? Would you have been heavily involved in the planning? Would I even be marrying Enoch if things had played out differently—if you had lived and I had never returned to Montana?
I know that you would really like Enoch. You would be so impressed with his thoughtfulness, with his concern, with his strength, with how much he cares about me. But more than anything, you would like him for who he is and what he represents. He doesn't try to impress or be anything but himself.
I think he would really like you, too. I try to tell him about you in those moments when I realize the pieces of me that come directly from you. I don't know that I do you any kind of justice. If there is any one person that I really wish he could meet, it would be you. But do know that he has wonderful, kind parents who have welcomed me into the Norton family without hesitation and with great love. I know that his mom would like for me to call her mom, but I can't yet do that. You are that Mom to me, and you always will be.
I find great solace and joy in knowing and feeling very strongly that you will be nearby for the wedding and other festivities. You have been my guardian angel over the years, and you would never want to miss such an event as this. Please know that there will be plenty of room in the sealing room for you to be there front and center. Know that I will be thinking of you and leaving plenty of room in my heart.
Thank you for being my guardian angel and for being my light even when I was probably completely unaware. I miss you...I love you...I'm grateful you are my mom!
Emily
2 comments:
so beautiful. You are so wonderful, Em. I am sure your mom is just as proud of you as you are of her. Thinking of you this week. Best of luck tomorrow. Post photos!!
Love ya!
I have no doubt she will be there. I only wish I could be, too. Thanks for sharing your sweet letter. You and Enoch will be in our thoughts tomorrow!!
Post a Comment