Saturday, September 15, 2007

Most common questions

So after people find out that we are getting married, almost always one of their first questions is, "Where are you going to live?"

I find this interesting on many levels. First of all, it makes me think people assume we lived here to find someone to marry so therefore we will instantly move away now that that is happening. While it's a definite perk of living here, I also really appreciate my job and moving away would meaning finding a new one. Same thing for Enoch, so we'll stay here and live in an apartment or something for a time.

Now that I have ring which includes two blue sapphires, I get the question: "Is it your birthstone?" No, it's not. I'm October, so my birthstone is the opal. We did the sapphires because blue is a one of Enoch's favorite colors, and it sets off the diamond so nicely.

Other questions? I'm sure you can find many to ask and you will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard from Denise that someone got that ring! How exciting! Let me tell you, I totally love the saphires too! But I'm sucker for the peridot or whatever augusts' birth stone is! Congrats! And I am absolutely stoked you're staying in Arizona! Let me tell you, got kinda scared for a moment.

~ The boy who still hates angry colors

Anonymous said...

Get a picture taken and posted of that ring! ;) jill

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about the ring & the man (&all of his talents). Enoch is a cutie...Sandy