Thursday, November 14, 2013

potty training...

Really, I dislike potty training. I dislike it to the point that even though Julia has been showing readiness for several months, I have been avoiding it. I had in my mind I would wait until after the holidays. Why? Because it wasn't now.

But when she started asking to go on the potty several weeks ago, I knew I needed to quit avoiding it and bite the bullet. So when the first couple weeks of November were looking pretty unstressful, I made the decision to go for it. We bought new panties with Minnie Mouse, got out the frog potty, bought some Smarties to use as treats, and away we went. On the first day we only had two accidents. The second day, only one, and I knew we were well on our way.

We are still having about one accident a day most days, but that is mostly because she can't get her pants pulled down fast enough. She also goes a lot more frequently than was my experience with Asher. She drinks a lot of milk and water, so that makes sense. But she has done so well, and has definitely been easier to train than Asher. I've had many people tell me girls are easier than boys, and with my two, that is definitely the case.

I just hope that by Christmas, she will be pretty solid. Potty training really is a process for most kids, and accidents happen. I'm glad to have my life slowed down a bit to get this done. :)

1 comment:

K-Krew said...

Way to go to you both! Potty training is such a big job and sometimes a long process.