Monday, November 18, 2013

Asher's first Primary talk

One of the things I love about my faith is the Primary program for the children ages 3-12. They get the opportunity to learn about Christ and the gospel with their own age level teachers, singing time, and a combined lesson time with larger groups of kids. Asher has had a wonderful Sunday School teacher this year who is so loving and caring. Along with the lessons and singing, about once a year, each child gets to stand up in front of the other kids and give a talk on a topic. Yesterday was Asher's first opportunity, and he talked about being thankful in all things.

I have to admit that I had no idea really how it would go. I didn't even know if he would have the courage to speak in to the microphone, but he was more than happy to do that. :) He helped me write the talk by telling me the things he was thankful for, and then we practiced a couple of times with me giving him prompts in the ear and him speaking aloud. We also held up visual aids for the things he was thankful for to make the talk more interesting.

Among the things he was thankful for:
  • his bed
  • his teachers
  • his family
  • ice cream
  • food
  • clothes
  • school
He did beautifully, and I was so proud of him. He spoke clearly into the microphone, was happy to say all the words, and showed no fear or shyness. It is wonderful to watch him grow!

No comments: