Friday, March 22, 2013

Some Saturday

Enoch and i decided to be a little more ambitious this last Saturday--and by ambitious, I mean we actually took our children somewhere besides a store. It was the AZ Big Train Operators spring open house, so we took Asher to see a display in someone's yard. We did this a couple of years ago when he was just over 2, but I'm sure it had a much more lasting impression this time around. We had big plans of going to a guy's house who has a particularly impressive display, but we found out that it had been cancelled due to some health problems the person is having. Too bad. It really is an awesome display that we got to see a couple of years ago. This one was nice too, but much smaller.


Then later in the day, Enoch and I had a date night. We left the kids with some friends, headed to Changing Hands Bookstore, listened to a reading by Terry Tempest Williams, and ate some dinner at Wildflower Bread Company. Williams did a beautiful reading. Her prose is very poetic, so it is not hard to listen to, and she did a wonderful job of connecting with her audience. Enoch quite enjoyed it, and I don't think he was expecting to. I think he thought she would be too feminist for his liking, but she she shared powerful ideas that connected with everyone. She is also a naturalist and very concerned with the environment which is something that I knew Enoch would connect well with. I loved doing something different for a date. I will have to keep my eyes open for future readings that might appeal. Changing Hands has all kinds of authors come through their doors. They are a player on the book tour circuit for sure. Just check out the event calendar.

It was a lovely day spent with my kiddoes and the love of my life. :)



No comments: