My cousin Lori and her family came to visit for about 4 days while Lori did some work out in Miami. It's been far too long since I last saw her. In fact, I can't remember if it was three or four years ago that I saw her last. We've both had kid #2 in the meantime. She moved up to Utah about a year ago and before that was living out in Thatcher, so it's been awhile.
I watched her two girls, Emma and Gwen, the first day while she worked, and after that her husband Brian was in town and watched the girls while they hung out. They were low key house guests, and we didn't really do anything exciting due to napping babies and such.
Gwen and Asher had a great time playing together. They are about 5 months apart in age, so it was perfect for them to form and instant friendship. I was grateful for him to have a friend to play with all day for three days. Their favorite game was "house." Gwen was the mom and Asher was the dad. Hearing their little games of imagination were fun. Julia did her best to tag along with these two while also being sure to tell me when baby Emma needed some love or some help. Julia always wanted to help the crying baby. Julia also got quite possessive of her toys, which was not so great. But sharing is just so hard to do when you are 1.5. ;)
Lori comes down to work every few months because the little rural school districts here will make it worth her while since they are in such desperate need of speech pathologists. Hopefully we'll see them again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment