Sunday, September 2, 2012
Welcome to the family!
Yep, we've done it. I've become a minivan mom, and I'm completely happy about it. Asher is probably the most excited of all of us. He loves the minivan and will quickly correct you if you try to simply call it a new car.
Well, it's not exactly new, but new to us. We bought it on Craigslist. It's a 2006 Honda Odyssey with just under 70,000 miles. My favorite feature: the remote control sliding side doors. When you are hauling two small children, this is a plus. We paid blue book and no sales tax and we have no car payment, which is the best. :) Boy am I glad I have Enoch around to do the car buying because I really don't like buying cars.
We have been looking and contemplating buying for a while. We were in no rush because the Accord really does work well for our family, but a bigger car would be nice. We knew that day would come when Enoch's car might need to retire, and that time arrived recently. The compressor conked out meaning no A/C. It would cost $1200 to fix, which is more than his car is worth. It's also still 105 degrees here every day, so no A/C is miserable, and it will still be A/C weather for another 2-3 months. Enoch would make do, so we were still in no rush, but keeping our eyes out. When this one popped up yesterday morning, we decided to look at, saw it an hour later, and made the deal. We had to decide quickly because the seller had about 7 other calls on it between the time we first responded and when we left with the car. Odysseys are a pretty hot commodity. Around here it's not just soccer moms. A lot of old people drive them too. This one was driven by a family, though.
Even though the car is far from new, it still has a lot nicer features than my Accord. Leather interior, DVD system, back up camera, navigation system. I like it, and I think it will serve us well for a number of years to come.
Oh, and if you ask me the color, it's kind of a greenish silver. I can't even really tell you. But I can tell you, that I am glad to have it around even if it will take some getting used to. It's definitely a bigger car than the Accord, so parking and backing up is a different feel for sure. But come take a ride, and see for yourself. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What?! Awesome! This is Matt's dream car...he will be jealous :)
Congrats and welcome to the club :)
I would LOVE it if our minivan came with remote control doors!
Post a Comment