Tuesday, September 18, 2012

To the fire station!

 Asher has been talking about this day for the last week. His preschool teacher organized a trip to a local fire station, and Asher could not have been more excited. He has talked about trucks and stations for days.

At first he was a bit overwhelmed and shy about it which surprised me because I was right there with him. But once he got a good look at the kitchen and exercise room, he was far more concerned with what the firemen were showing him than with being shy.

One of the most interesting things to him was the red light that comes on in the dorm rooms when the firemen get called in the night. He keeps talking to me about "the red light coming on."

The most exciting thing to him was definitely seeing the big truck with all its equipment. Before we went into the big garage to see it, I told him that was next, and he literally put his fists in the air and declared, "I am so excited!" It was so cute and sweet and made me giggle.

We got a pic of him above in the old fire engine they use in parades. He loved sitting there for pictures. He loved getting inside the big engine as well. The firemen were so nice and patient with these little ones and their mamas. It only took about a half hour because let's face it, the attention span of a preschooler is pretty short, but it was so worth it to see Asher's smiles and excitement.

I appreciate that he has a teacher who will arrange such things to make these little ones so happy. Next month we'll be off to the pumpkin patch. :)

I tried for more pics, but none of them really came out because there were too many kids moving around all the time; such is the nature of such an exciting adventure. 

No comments: