Monday, May 30, 2011

Ali's graduation

I took my first ever trip to Yuma! I know it's not glamorous, but I always like experiencing new places big or small. ;)

The occasion for our visit was to see our niece Ali graduate from high school. It still blows my brain a little bit that I have some nieces and nephews who are graduating not only from high school but from college as well and that one is married. I guess that comes with marrying into a clan with 13 kids.

So we arrived just in time for the festivities. I am grateful it was unseasonably cool weather for this time of year. Yuma is always one of the hottest places in AZ, and sitting outside in 90 degree temps would not have been fun. But the evening was gorgeous, Ali was so happy, and then we got to hang with her family for the next day. Asher got some good time with his cousins and loved playing with new people. I'm hopeful that he is growing out of shyness a bit and getting more comfortable with people he doesn't see every day.

The graduates at the beginning of the ceremony. She graduated from Yuma Catholic which had a graduating class of about 60. I liked that it could be small and personal for them. I know my favorite graduation was my smallest one. There's something about not being lost in a crowd of hundreds...

The graduate and her her current littlest cousin. Asher was in heaven with so much attention.

The graduate and her mama--Enoch's oldest sister Sherry.
Saturday was low key and mostly about family time, but I loved relaxing and visiting. Thanks for having us, Quintana family! Hopefully it won't take us another four years to return!

No comments: