Saturday, December 18, 2010
Santa better not come to our house.
I really should have a second photo similar this. I neglected to mention one very fun part of our trip to Utah at Thanksgiving. On Friday night, we got together with our dear friends the Weights for some dinner. We did many a Thanksgiving and Christmas celebration over the years when our families both lived in Montana. I absolutely adore their family, and I was so excited to get together with them for the evening.
We had pizza and soda in the garage before being hustled into the living room for what I thought was visiting. But no, the Weights had a totally unexpected surprise up their sleeves. Santa and Mrs. Claus appeared at the door to invite almost everyone to sit on their laps and to receive some little gifts. This was so fun because this is exactly what we would do all of the times we celebrated Christmas at their home in GF. It brought back some wonderful memories.
Asher was among the first to be invited to sit on Santa's lap. He hadn't done this since he was about 4 months old, so I had no idea what his reaction would be. Let's just say there was instant fear and tears--much like his mama back when I was little. That would be my child.
As you can see, there were quite a few tears at Enoch's work Christmas party when he got to sit on Santa's lap (or at least beside him). I made Enoch take him because I knew it wouldn't be pretty. Oh well. Maybe next year will be better. ;)
Santa has been very kind to Asher with gifts thus far. He has been a pretty good boy this year--at least up until today, but that is for another post. Today I might sell him to the gypsies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment