So then while riding out in the desert later, he hit some loose gravel and went toppling over the bike, hitting his forehead on one of the pegs. The next thing I know, my brother-in-law John comes walking in the front room of the house, and very nonchalantly says that my husband hurt his head while riding. I seriously thought John was joking because that's how John is, but then Enoch comes walking through the door with his hand on his forehead and blood running down the side of his face. Woah!
Enoch's sisters sprang into action finding a first aid kit and going to work with trying to get him cleaned up and bandaged. I offered moral support and tried to keep Asher out of the way. The kid never would have let me play nurse in peace, so it was nice to have Enoch's sisters there to do the job.
By the time they were done, Enoch had butterfly bandages over the gash and then a gauze and bandage over that. He also had a pretty good headache.
Here's a look at the gash a day later:
But here is where I need my readers' opinions. Of course, having such an injury in such an obvious place, makes Enoch a bit of a spectacle in public. Last night while we were out looking at the Mesa Temple Lights a couple of complete strangers made comments with the implication that he must have a really mean and abusive wife. These were totally unsolicited, and I did not find the attempt at humor funny in the least--especially coming from complete strangers. But whatever.
Enoch's going to have to deal with the visible injury for some time, so I am wondering which look you think is better and maybe less conspicuous--with gauze or without?
3 comments:
Two words, Em: Baseball hat
Wear it loosely.
(Or another hat, but a hat is in order)
Without gauze is slightly less "in your face," but not much...this will teach him to wear a helmet!! :)
It's a toss up. I do like the hat idea. At any rate I hope it heals quickly.
Post a Comment