I took Asher to the library this morning for Baby Lapsit. It's basically a half hour of reading, song and playtime geared toward kids birth to 24 months. I was proud of him for being awake and calm the whole time. I think he was in a bit of stimulation overload with all of the different people, sounds, and other kids roaming about. He was definitely the youngest in the room. 80% of the kids were over age 1 and walking around. But I figure there's no time like the present to get him started. Eventually we can also use the time afterwards to pick out books for reading. I appreciate that our library here keeps a good collection of board books that they know get used in a pretty hard fashion by babies who love to chew, and so they replace and restock often.
I know he probably got little from the reading at this point, but it was fun to have him in a different space, and hopefully we can make it a habit that overtime he will come to really enjoy.
1 comment:
Nope... he'll get more than you'll ever know from the whole experience. And, this is the perfect time for you to check out longer books to read him too, to discover what your favorites are ;) Check Elizabeth's Good Reads for some really good ideas. I also can link you to my friend Melanie who has three boys and some boy ideas ;) Miss you!
Post a Comment