Another birthday has come and gone for me, and it was pretty sweet and low key. It started Sunday evening when we went to my sister Jill's for dinner and cake. Elaine and I celebrated together since her birthday is the 13th and mine is the 12th. We blew out the candles together.
Then on Monday Enoch took the day off, and Matt and Jess were in town so we met for lunch at Chick Fil A and then did some more garden shopping at Walmart and the Home Depot. Enoch made me a birthday cake for that evening, so more good eating!
Enoch's gift to me was a sheet of coupons that I can redeem at any time. He had asked me what I wanted and I said that I wanted a full night of sleep more than anything. So on the coupon sheet were two coupons for 8 hours of sleep among other things like a massage, dinner and a movie, etc. It was pretty sweet and more than thoughtful. I'm wondering what chocolate day is, but he says I'll have to cash it in to find out. hmmmm....
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Em! I'm glad Enoch took good care of you on your special day. I promise I didn't forget about it - I was thinking of you as I sped across Lake Powell on a jet ski. You're going to spend your birthday on the houseboat next year, right??
Trevor must help him make those coupons, huh... because he used to do that for other people on some ocasions. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday.
Post a Comment