Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Madness

March and early April tend to be a time of great tension and excitement in my life. This is when my college basketball addiction gets fed to the highest degree and in the most satiable ways. What can be better than watching endless hours of action where it is truly a fight to the finish, and the loser goes home? They have to leave it all on the court, or it's over. It leads to many great games and excellent moments and this year has been no different.

But this year has also been a hard one for me.

Duke lost in the second round. And they never played well. And I am currently in fourth out of five in my little friendly pool I have with my friend out in DC. Who is the only one trailing me? My husband. Who never watches and really doesn't care much for basketball.

I need to work on my pride factor...I know.

PS I am rooting for UCLA from here on out, and if UNC wins....bleck!

6 comments:

Amber M. said...

Duke let me down this year, too. Anna is winning the family bracket for the second time in three years. That's gotta tell you something!

Emily N. said...

that is too funny, Amber!

Garrett Gang said...

We don't have a family bracket, but Reid has been a UCLA fan since his early childhood in Southern California. So we are all rooting for them, too!

Unknown said...

I totally forgot I was going to ask you about that last night! I did a bracket at work, but at this point I can't win. Even though you don't like them, go UNC! That's who I have winning it. ;)

Anonymous said...

tee hee... I think Chris will not only BE at the Final Four but also win our pool. I am washing the shirt for him right now ;) Curtis has UNC too. Me, I'm cheering for Kansas!

Real email coming soon...

Grandma Sandy said...

Congrats to Enoch & his acceptance to the master's program. I use the dessert recipe too...sometimes with chocolate pudding. I forgot what a sports nut you are. Glad you are happy & having fun...love ya