So here is the last 14 months or so via my iPhone camera. I'll do this in a few posts and try to capture highlights in captions. And these are not in chronological order. (I really do need to stay better on top of my blog, so my attention to detail and order doesn't take such a beating...)
 |
| A San Diego sunset. Enoch and I took a trip to San Diego in January of 2014 just the two of us. It was lovely. |
 |
| These two are the best of friends--most of the time. I love it when they play together so well. |
 |
| Gilbert Temple open house last February. We took a tour with my sister in law Sherry. It was beautiful, and there were so many people there! |
 |
| Me with the kids at the open house. |
 |
| My sweet friend and old college roommate, Heather Schauers, came to visit last February. I loved catching up with her. She really is one of those kindred spirits in my life. |
 |
| Heather's son Weston with my two kids. They came down for a gymnastics meet of his. The kid is really quite good. I hope we can see him in the Olympics someday! |
 |
| One time last March we went to an air show at the Gateway airport. The kids thought it was marginally interesting. |
 |
| My little artists. Sometimes I get crafty with my kids. |
 |
| Julia and her friend Hannah. |
 |
| My dad passed away of prostate cancer on April 10. I will always be grateful for the love of reading and literature he instilled in us. |
 |
| Julia getting crafty with my cousin Lisa while we were in Utah for the funeral. |
 |
| The seven Wilkinson kids after the funeral. We're orphans, and we'll figure it out! |
 |
| a treat at Costco. If I remember it right, I especially bought this treat in May after all the snowbirds had left in order to celebrate the fact that we could eat snowbird free! |
 |
| Mother's Day 2014. |
 |
| This was a really fun library storytime with really awesome activities. I wish they were all this great. |
 |
| Julia and Hannah. |
 |
| We went tubing a couple of times last summer on the Salt River. It is fun, but don't get dumped. Then it is not so fun. On our second time, I ended up get capsized out of my tube with Julia, and cutting my foot and my hand up pretty good. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. But we'll be back! |
 |
| Enoch and I in San Diego. There are big seals laying on the beach behind us. |
 |
| I made the big wooden stable behind the nativity here while out at my in laws. Once again, I get a little crafty--and I even worked with some power tools. |
 |
| Julia and her friend Bonnie. |
 |
| Some Spanish dancers in Old Town San Diego. |
 |
| Me in San Diego. |
 |
| An aquarium in San Diego. |
 |
| An aquarium in San Diego. |
 |
| An aquarium in San Diego. |
 |
| Asher with his Aunt Kalyn at Christmas 2013. |
 |
| Enoch and nephew Carson at Christmas 2013. |
 |
| The five siblings at our last get together here in PHX at Christmas 2013. This was at Portillo's, a hot dog place. |
 |
| Enjoying Portillo's. |
 |
| Julia hanging out at "the library park." |
 |
| Asher hanging out at "the library park." |
 |
| Colin and Asher with their bells at the end of the Polar Express train ride. |
 |
| Santa has left the building. Christmas 2013. Man, there are a lot of stockings sitting on our couch. |
 |
| Since we were only about an hour away from the Grand Canyon for the Polar Express, we took the time to drive up. The place was mega crowded, so take that as a note if you are planning a visit. Do not visit at Christmas! |
 |
| Us and thousands of others at the Grand Canyon at the end of 2013. |
 |
| Getting ready to board the Polar Express in Williams. |
 |
| On the train. It was about an hour long ride to a remote spot and then back to the station. |
 |
| Santa on the train. |
 |
| Megan and Enoch pose in front of the Christmas tree. |
 |
| Batman is ready for Santa. |
 |
| Matt won the rice pudding game in 2013. Take that, Jill! |
 |
| Our little Christmas nativity. |
 |
| A number from Asher's preschool Christmas program. I was so sad when his teacher ended up shutting the preschool down in January because of a major flood that happened to the building she used over Christmas. Asher to this day still talks of the flood that shut down his school. |
 |
| Asher and Santa at the Forever Living Products Christmas party. Every year we go just for this. Asher got a cool set of Hot Wheels Car Trax and Julia got a skating Dora and Boots. |
 |
| Asher and Colin decorate sugar cookies. |
 |
| We met up with some friends to decorate gingerbread houses.These friends did one that was over the top! |
 |
| Our gingerbread train. |
 |
| The 2013 Christmas nativity players. Where's baby Jesus? |
 |
| Asher's preschool teacher, Miss Kathy was so good with these kids. I was sad when she had to close things down. We made do for the next four months, but he sure did learn a lot from her. |
 |
| Temple Christmas lights. |
 |
| Temple Christmas lights. |
 |
| Temple Christmas lights. |
 |
| My Christmas decorating helpers. They loved helping me--especially with decorating the tree! |
No comments:
Post a Comment