Yep, Enoch pretty much will always get the shaft when it comes to celebrating these two events. They will always be so close together. But I try to do separate things for both, and this year, I think he got the full treatment. On his birthday, he got to open a pair of dress shoes he quite likes. Can't you tell?
That night, he got sung too on the deck/balcony as he returned from the bathroom at my aunt and uncle's house. Imagine him coming out onto the second story deck as everyone starts singing from below. He played it up for sure. I wish I had taken pictures, but I didn't. It was funny, and everyone got to enjoy some delicious Costco cake.
Father's Day was spent driving, so this day was not the greatest. But I did get him a couple of books: some book about a very short history of everything that was on his Amazon wishlist, and a children's book entitled When a Dad Says "I Love You." It's pretty cute and very indicative of exactly how he is as a dad. I also had the kids make some cards for him so that they could be a little more a part of the day.
Enoch works very hard to support our family, and I am so appreciate of all the help he gives me in loving and caring for our children. He is much more hands on than my own father was, and I hope our children will always have an appreciation for that.
We love and celebrate you!
1 comment:
Such a cute pic of your kids with their dad :)
Post a Comment